Thursday 30 December 2010

A 'No Makeup' FOTD

Hello there, long time no see, no?
Not for lack of trying, I can tell you that. Yet again, my internet is stupid and will work either sparingly or if I refresh the internet every time I open a new page. Yeah...not gonna help with photo uploading. But eventually, I managed it so here's a small blog spot for all of you.

In light of the fact that in the new year, I have to go swimming with school, I've had to accept that I do not have the time to do makeup that is a little bit more complicated than smudging black eyeliner and mascara (the typical look here) so that puts my whole eyeshadow and liquid liner out of the running. So today I decided to try a 'no makeup' look as a) I'm going to need the minimal amount of black, ie mascara and eyeliner, so I don't have to worry about looking like a panda during swimming and so that I can do my makeup quickly. Some people would suggest not wearing makeup before swimming but like any other teenage girl, as swimming is the last two lessons, I'm not gonna go spend practically the whole day makeupless.

Instead of just going for mascara and finished with that, I still wanted to have eyeshadow in my look as I just don't like leaving my eyelids naked.

Ok, now all that rambling's done, I'll show you what I came up with whilst I was messing around.


As you can see, my usual eyeliner is missing and my dark circles are visible due to hastily applied under eye concealer. I ended up using mainly Sephora products, which is a first for me. Usually I tend to go for my british cheap makeup. I sort of mixed a dark brown matte eyeshadow with a lighter one because I noticed that my Too Faced Natural Eye palette's matte colours were more on the cool side and didn't look entirely natural on me. Of course, after doing the look, I stumbled upon my Zoeva nude eye palette, so I had a bit of a 'you idiot, how could you forget about this?' moment.






At this point, it is now the next day as yesterday my internet stopped working but thankfully, everything I'd done until now was auto saved. Right anyway..so as you can it looks a little bit weird and not fantastically blended at the mo, methinks I still need to work on it. I've decided I want a white base, like nyx's jumbo pencil in milk, but I don't really want to pay the shipping prices so I'm looking for a nice alternative that you could either get in the UK or Sephora, any ideas?

That's all from me for this post, I will attempt to update again, but as usual, that depends on my stupid internet.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god I would give my right arm for skin like yours! Honestly mine doesnt even look that good when I've spent 10 mins applying foundation and concealer! :)

    My kid sister has to go swimming in school too so she generally opts for a little powder and a small smudge of eyeshadow - basically anything that isn't gonna run and look horrible!

    I'd love to get my hands on the NYX jumbo pencils too but the shipping costs a fortune to the UK so I've discovered the Barry M pencils and totally love them! They're brilliant, there's a massive colour selection and they're fairly inexpensive. I like to wait till Boots are doing the 2 for £7 offer and buy a whole bunch of stuff in one go ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous. As long as you use a primer, you eye makeup (shadow) should be able to stand some swimming. same with waterproof mascara.
    I think you have such a nice complexion that you don't need makeup. Its nice not to wear it so when you do its more special

    ReplyDelete