Monday 3 January 2011

A bit of a ramble

Hi there! Now to start the new year off with an admittedly awful joke of mine : I haven't posted since last year!

Ok..moving on from my failure as a comedian(ne), as the title indicates, this is a bit of a ramble without any pictures. I know, no pictures is no fun, but I am on my dad's computer without my Photoshop, so yeah, nothing happening on that front.

This post is just a little bit of a talk about my life as my incredibly nosy self likes reading about other people's lives so I thought maybe people might like reading about mine? If you don't, feel free to tell me in the comments, I'm game for all kinds of criticism.

Now, as you all know, I'm a 16 year old girl living in Luxembourg. I go to one of the luxembourgish state schools instead of the European or International one and I suppose I like it. Back up a minute, she likes school?! Well, I suppose I should specify. Bit of an anecdote here, but a couple of years ago, when I first started secondary, I was crap in German and French. I dreaded the lessons, hardly ever did my homework and nearly failed German. It never really helped that my German teacher was an absolute xenophobic knob who basically made me feel I was useless in languages. French was never really my forte either, and yet again, I had a teacher the next year who would NEVER give constructive criticism and always made me feel I was awful at French. To think that I was actually related to my literature student sister seemed insane (add to that that this very sister is one of my role models and that I always wanted to follow her footsteps schoolwise)

Fast forward a few years...I'm fourth best in French. I don't know how that happened, but I think it started last year when I decided to get my act together and work in class. That with a teacher who actually gave constructive criticism and despite my many mistakes, actually believed in my potential. So I started working and over the last year, my interest for literature grew to the point where I want to go to the languages section next year. And so now I generally enjoy French and German classes, despite my being rubbish in the latter.

So there you have my bit of inner geek. And now again for my geekiness on another part..

I've always (well, the last few years) been a believe in trying new things out. A couple of years ago, I joined the school choir due to my love of music but found it wasn't really what I expected and also as I wasn't a fantastic singer, I just lost my passion for that...And then this year, I joined the club that had caught my eye in my first year (but I didn't join)..english theatre (as opposed to german and french theatre). And here, I believe, I've found the thing that I love. Ok, that's corny, but still I've always loved being an extra in movies, but as an extremely vain person, I've always wanted a bit of the limelight, which you don't get as an extra. And here, it happens I'm actually not bad at acting. I feel in my element and I really look forward to practice each week. So I guess you could say I'm a theatre geek as well.

So I suppose that gives you all an insight into my life. I know most people my age don't think of school as important, but I do. I know, I sound like your typical no-fun, geeky top of the class kid, but I'm not. And my classmates certainly think I'm a downer sometimes (I've even had it said to my face on one occasion!), as I get a bit shirty if someone gets punished because after a while, the school will just refuse to let us have lessons off when our teachers are sick, which my classmates all love, so I'm just looking out for them, yet they don't like that, do they? I'm one of those people that sometimes loves their class and sometimes not. I do like most of them, but I have to admit, next year when we're all separated, I'll be relieved.

So, there you have it. A few of the things that dominate my life. I know this is a bit rambly, and also a bit boring to a few of you, but as you can tell, I like talking about myself. I suppose I view my blog as a place where I can talk about my life, because that way, if people are interested, they'll write back and give their opinions, whereas a diary doesn't. I would love to say I'm a typical teenager, but in reality, I'm not. I'm far too uptight (is it just me or is the fact that 14 year olds go out and get pissed just taking the biscuit? I mean, they already get to drink legally at 16, surely that's early enough?) and I prefer watching QI on a friday night rather than going out on the lash , so I guess you could just say I'm an old lady at heart .

Sorry if you got bored reading this, if it's tedious, do let me know and I'll stop at once.

On a more beauty blogging related note, I've been thinking of redoing a few reviews, as the photos I took with them are just plain awful and that really irks me. Agree?

3 comments:

  1. I think my kid sister is pretty much exactly the same as you! She's 15 and unlike a lot of her school friends she thinks school is the most important thing she has going on in her life at the min (moreso than her friends and boyfriend) and I think it rules because it shows you're just so much more mature than most people your age. I mean I'm sure you've noticed most adults say the same thing; "I wish I had the chance to re-do my school years" because so many people feel like they didn't give it their all :)

    Also, nothing beats finding a passion in life and trying new things. It's stuff like this that makes us genuinely happy!

    P.S. QI totally rules. Easily one of the best shows on TV at the min ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just selected you as one of my Versatile Blogger winners so feel free to stop by for a nosy! :)

    http://mytopbeautybuys.blogspot.com/2011/01/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am like you, nosy about others lives so I liked this post.
    You might have already mentioned this (sorry if you did), but where are you originally from?
    Glad you are liking German and French better this year. I took both in school and was horrible at both. I found all of the grammar rules really hard to keep up with.
    I used to do some acting in plays when I was younger and really liked it. Glad you find your passion for it.

    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete