Thursday 14 April 2011

My nails over the past few weeks

So these past few weeks, I've been noticing an onslaught in nail art on blogs. Now I myself have a very shaky hand so I can't draw straight lines nor perfectly rounded dots. Ask my various art teachers, the only thing I'm really good at is abstract! 

Anyway, one thing I've ALWAYS wanted to try is nail marbling. I've watched loads of tutorials on youtube and I even tried it once, but the results were disastrous. About two weeks ago, I tried again and I suppose it was halfway successful. I used my Barry M pastel colours and whilst it is very tedious, I found it sort of relaxing, strange enough as it sounds. 

There were a few gloopy areas but it's a massive improvement from the last time. Hopefully next time, they'll end up better!

Next up, following one of Gem Fatale's Tuesday tips with dotting with a kerby grip, I managed to get another halfway decent look. 



So there were a few dodgy dots, but mostly they seemed to go well. These lasted for ages as well, I'd say about a week with minimal chipping.


Here are the products I used, the no7 Topcoat that my sister left behind hehe and the Barry M Boots LE nail varnish and then Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream.

4 comments:

  1. these look fab, i love all the colours you used

    http://pretty--wonderful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. both are awesome! :D
    i really want to try the marbling!
    Rosie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving both, marbling is actual tricky I rushed mine and it came out so, so crap. I must make time for a bit of nail art soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post made me want to go paint my nails :)
    I love the water marbling. I really want to give that a try.
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete